Victim Services is an operational section of the Delta Police Department. Staff support victims as they traverse through traumatic events, criminal investigations and the court system.
We recognize that the immediacy and nature of assistance received can have a significant impact on a victim’s wellness.
A cornerstone of our service is to treat victims of crime with the utmost dignity and respect. Services are provided in a victim-centred, trauma-informed manner.
• Crisis intervention
• Emotional support
• Information on the police investigation
• Information on criminal charges and court
• Court orientation/accompaniment
• Information on restitution
• Assistance applying for the Crime Victim Assistance Program
• Assistance completing Victim Impact Statements
• Information on the psychosocial effects of crime and trauma
• Support from a “Justice Facility Dog”. Learn more about our Justice Facility Dog, Puma