Police Staff enjoy many opportunities within the DPD, often working side by side with investigators, patrol constables and senior officers. Police staff positions are integral to the DPD, as many functions and processes within the organization could not be completed without the support of the police staff.
Because of this, police staff positions are diverse within the DPD, and often, employees are given the opportunity to grow with their roles, or into new roles.
The variety of police staff jobs at Delta Police means that these employees have diverse knowledge sets, skills and abilities.
Police staff applicants are required to pass a stringent background security clearance process that consists of several stages. Due to the clearance requirements, in order to be eligible for employment with the Delta Police Department, all applicants must be Canadian Citizens or Permanent Residents. Unfortunately Work Visas or other Temporary Permits are not permitted at this time.
Full details of the entry requirements are included in each job posting.
Basic requirements for a clerical position:
• Grade 12 education supplemented with clerical experience
• Excellent data entry skills
• Minimum typing speed of 40 wpm
• Ability to multi-task
• Outstanding attention to detail
• Minimum 18 years of age
• Experience using a variety of computer software
• Effecting team working skills
• Some positions require a valid BC Driver's licence
Additional Assets Preferred
• Post-secondary education
• Knowledge of another language or culture
• Job or volunteer experience in a law enforcement environment