District Community Police Offices (DCPO)
The Delta Police Department appreciates the energy, time and commitment given by our volunteers. Without their assistance the Delta Police would not be in a position to provide the wide number of programs and safety initiatives currently underway.
Our District Community Police Offices (DCPO) work with community members to promote safety and protect their neighbourhoods. The Delta Police Department has 3 District Community Police Offices located in North Delta, Ladner and Tsawwassen. These offices are a focal point of community engagement and continuously conduct community outreach for each District.
The DCPO have an assigned District Liaison Officer (DLO) along with Civilian Staff and Volunteers. The Civilian Staff and Volunteers work with the DLO to better solve community concerns and assist with various community initiatives and programs. The Volunteers work in programs such as Community Crime Watch, Speed Watch, Cell Watch, Bike Patrol, etc. Our Volunteers are a critical component of all our DCPO offices and contribute to making Delta a safer and better community.
If you are interested in making a difference and gaining valuable work experience,
come join our amazing Volunteer Team!
Basic Requirements to become a Volunteer:
Citizenship: Canadian Citizen or Permanent Resident
Minimum Age: 19 years of age or older
High School: High School Graduation Certificate or GED
Character: Excellent Character and Integrity
Language Skills: Must have a good command of the English language both written and spoken (Second Language an asset)
Background Check: A security clearance is part of the application process and must be maintained throughout volunteering. All applicants will be asked to complete background security forms if selected to move forward.
Volunteers are expected to adhere to the following:
• One year commitment following training
• Sign agreements on ethics, confidentiality and volunteer agreement
• Attend all sessions of Basic Training and Program Training
• Attend volunteer staff meetings as schedule
• Must complete a minimum of 4.5 hours per week with a minimum of 200 hours per year
• Complete daily tasks and participate in programs (Speed Watch, Cell Watch, Community Crime Watch, etc.)
• Assist Civilian Staff and District Liaison Officers with priorities
• Assist the public with questions and requests
• Help run day to day operations of the DCPO office
To submit your application, please click on the DCPO Location you are interested in.