- Canadian citizen or landed immigrant (non-Canadian residents see Note
- Minimum 19 years of age
- Excellent character
- Grade 12 diploma or equivalent, plus one year (minimum 30 credits) of academic post secondary education from a recognized university or college
- Physically fit; able to pass POPAT (Police Officer’s Physical Abilities Test) and a medical examination
- Vision of not less than 20/40 in one eye and 20/100 in the other, unaided; corrected to 20/20 and 20/30 with lenses. Candidates who have had successful laser eye surgery will be considered
- Hearing loss in one ear not greater than 50 dB and the other ear not greater than 30 dB in the 500-3000 Hz range
- No criminal convictions, charges under another federal statute, or criminal charges pending
- Basic computer keyboarding skills
- Basic first aid certificate with CPR Level C and AED for British Columbia
- Current Class 5 British Columbia driver’s licence.
Additional Assets Preferred
- Post secondary education
- Law enforcement related employment or experience
- Volunteer experience in related field such as:
- Reserve Constable Program
- Victim Services
- Community Police Stations
- Knowledge of another language or culture.
Individuals who submit false information or do not meet the requirements can be disqualified from further consideration for employment, or dismissed if already employed.
Applicants must be prepared to produce a birth certificate, proof of citizenship, a valid driver’s license and other documentation as required.
Every effort will be made at each stage of the application process to advise the applicant of his/her status.
There are very few vacancies and only the best qualified applicants will be successful. Register for the next intake exam.
If you are looking seriously at a career in policing,
the Delta Police Department should be your first choice!
Note: Non-Canadian residents and candidates from outside of Canada
In order to apply for a job with the Delta Police Department, either as a recruit or exempt (experienced police member) candidate you must be a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada.
Police officers who are currently serving in the United Kingdom are not exempt from the Canadian Immigration process. We do not have an international hiring process.
Once you have satisfied the citizenship or residency requirements, you may upload your cover letter and resume. Applicants residing in Canada and with Canadian work experience of two years or more will be given preference.