Safety Planning

Establish four places you can go when you leaveWho will help you leaveWho can you leave a bag of important things withWho will lend you moneyDo you have a safety plan for your pets?Disable GPS on phone and social media accountsChange your daily routines (where you buy groceries, how you get to work)Open a new bank account/credit cardDo you have a safety plan for your children?Leave as quickly as possible and do not tell the abuser
Have a support person you can turn toGet a protection order from the courtMemorize and practice your safety planTell someone at work about what has happenedCreate a safety plan for workTell the people who care for your children who is allowed to pick your children upChange your locks

What to bring:

  • MoneyKeysExtra clothes
  • Medicine
  • Important papers – birth certificates, SIN, school and medical records, banking information, driver’s licence, address book.
  • Passport
  • Permanent residency card
  • Personal protective orders / divorce papers
  • Sentimental things for your children

If you suspect that a friend or family member is in an abusive relationship, please call Delta Police Department at 604.946.4411 or Victim Services at 604.940.5019