- Establish four places you can go when you leave
- Who will help you leave
- Who can you leave a bag of important things with
- Who will lend you money
- Do you have a safety plan for your pets?
- Disable GPS on phone and social media accounts
- Change your daily routines (where you buy groceries, how you get to work)
- Open a new bank account/credit card
- Do you have a safety plan for your children?
- Leave as quickly as possible and do not tell the abuser
- Have a support person you can turn to
- Get a protection order from the court
- Memorize and practice your safety plan
- Tell someone at work about what has happened
- Create a safety plan for work
- Tell the people who care for your children who is allowed to pick your children up
- Change your locks
What to bring:
- Extra clothes
- Important papers – birth certificates, SIN, school and medical records, banking information, driver’s licence, address book.
- Permanent residency card
- Personal protective orders / divorce papers
- Sentimental things for your children
If you suspect that a friend or family member is in an abusive relationship, please call Delta Police Department at 604.946.4411 or Victim Services at 604.940.5019