Updated description – Jarnail Sanghera still missing
Police and family are continuing to search for 88-year-old Jarnail Sanghera, missing from North Delta since the morning of May 15.
The family has provided an updated clothing description.
- Sky Blue Turban
- Long grey beard
- Dark grey quarter zip-up jacket over a plaid shirt
- Dark grey jogging pants with a white stripe on the outside of both pant legs from the hip to the knee
- Black running shoes
- Ek Onkar Symbol on the back of his hand (unsure if left or right hand)
- Wearing a silver and gold watch (unsure if left or right wrist)
Please see original media release below and thank you to everyone who has shared the release and our social media posts. Officers have been following up on all tips and information that has been called in.
May 15, 2020
Help requested in locating elderly man with dementia
Delta Police are looking for 88-year-old Jarnail SANGHERA, who has not been seen since 11 am, May 15, 2020.
Mr. SANGHERA went missing from the family home in North Delta, near Nordel Way and 116th St. He suffers from dementia and is described as:
- South Asian male, with a slim build, 5’8”
- Last seen wearing a light blue turban, a plaid shirt, black vest, and khaki pants
- Speaks only Punjabi
“Mr. Sanghera’s family is very concerned about his well-being,” says Cris Leykauf, spokesperson for Delta Police. “He is a frequent user of transit, but unfortunately our officers’ initial searches have not yielded any results. His family believes he may be travelling towards the temple at 140th Street and 84th Ave. in Surrey, but he has not yet been there today.”
If you believe you have seen Mr. Sanghera or have information on his whereabouts, please contact 604-946-4411.