Community Watch Program (CWP) contest
Help contribute to public safety in Delta by signing up for DPDs video camera registry, and be entered to win an iPAD Pro. Please read the rules and regulations below before entering your information. Winner will be chosen on Tuesday, September 3rd.
When investigating a crime or public safety incident, police officers commonly canvass the area for potential video surveillance. Oftentimes officers need to urgently gather this information. Security camera video footage can be key to identifying suspects, missing persons, potential witnesses or linking together other information. ‘Crowdsourcing’ information has grown over the years, as technology continues to evolve. Major events, such as the Boston Marathon bombing, were solved much faster as a result of many citizens submitting video recordings to police.
Register and enter to win: Click Here
Read more about the Community Watch Program
Contest Rules and Regulations
THE FOLLOWING RULES ARE THE STANDARD TERMS AND CONDITIONS APPLICABLE TO THE CONTEST ADMINISTERED BY THE DELTA POLICE DEPARTMENT. THE CONTEST IS INTENDED TO BE CONDUCTED IN THE CITY OF DELTA, BRITISH COLUMBIA, ONLY AND SHALL BE CONSTRUED AND EVALUATED ACCORDING TO APPLICABLE CANADIAN LAW. NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY. VOID IN WHOLE OR IN PART WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. ENTRY IN THE CONTEST CONSTITUTES ACCEPTANCE OF THESE CONTEST RULES (THE “CONTEST RULES”).
1. ELIGIBILITY – To be eligible to enter, contestants must:
(a) primarily be resident in the City of Delta, British Columbia;
(b) be 19 years of age or older;
(c) own and be the authorized user of a functional and in-use recording security-camera system, at either their home or business, in the City of Delta; and
(d) not be a member or employee of the Delta Police Board.
2. CONTEST PERIOD – The contest period will commence at 8 a.m. on Monday, July 15, 2019 and will close at 6 p.m. on Saturday, August 31, 2019. During no other time will entries be accepted.
3. HOW TO ENTER – To enter, contestants must register their security-camera system with the Delta Police Department’s ‘Community Watch Program’ by completing the online registration form accessible at: http://192.168.23.4/cwp/. No purchase is necessary to enter this contest. Entry is limited to one (1) entry per residential or business address. In the case of multiple entries from a single address, only the first eligible entry will be considered and the remainder will be void.
4. PRIZE – The winning contestant will receive as prize one (1) new 64 gb, 10.5” iPad Pro (approximate value of $600 Cdn). The winner will not be entitled to receive the difference between the actual prize value and the approximate prize value, and will be solely responsible for any expense not explicitly included in or with the prize. The prize must be accepted as awarded and cannot be transferred, assigned, substituted or redeemed for cash. The Delta Police Department shall not assume any liability for a lost, damaged or misdirected prize.
5. WINNER SELECTION – Following the end of the contest period, the Delta Police Department will select one (1) winning contestant by a random draw from all contestant who registered with the ‘Community Watch Program’ by having completed the online registration process during the contest period, unless otherwise indicated. The odds of being selected as a potential winner are dependent upon the number of registrants. The winner will be contacted by the Delta Police Department ’s Corporate Communications team and instructed how to claim the prize. Awarding of the prize is conditional on the winning contestant allowing the Delta Police Department to assess the functionality of their security-camera system, and it being determined to be to the satisfaction of the Department. If the winning contestant does not respond to the Delta Police Department’s notification of having been selected, within the timeline included with the notification, the contestant will be disqualified and will not receive the prize, and another entrant may be selected.
6. PRIVACY / USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION – The Delta Police Department will use the personal information of contestants for no other purposes than to contact the winning contestant, and otherwise as set out in the description of the Delta Police Community Watch Program on the Department’s website and in the associated online Registration Form.