The Delta Opposes Violence Everywhere Committee (DOVE) is comprised of members from various community service agencies within Delta, whose focus is the prevention of relationship violence through Education. The DOVE committee’s objective is to increase public awareness surrounding violence in relationships and the committee’s coordinated efforts work toward reducing any gaps in services that may exist in the Delta area.
Upcoming Public Service Events
The DOVE Committee
Presents with The BC Lions
BE MORE THAN A BYSTANDER PROGRAM
A ground breaking program that sees sports icons from the BC Lions using their status and public profile to create awareness and urge everyone to break the silence on violence and promote healthy relationships and healthy communities.
The program will be presented to high school students at South Delta Secondary School Feb 22nd 2019.
For information about DOVE upcoming events, call Jill Colley 604.940.5019 or Audrey Best at 604.948.5536 for more information.
- Domestic Violence Helpline
- DOVE pamphlet (About DOVE, recognizing relationship violence and where to get help)
- Women’s Resource Card (English)
- Women’s Resource Card (Punjabi)
- Safety Plan 1 – When Leaving Abusive Situation
- Safety Plan 2 – When Staying in an Abusive Situation
- Tips When Suspecting Domestic Violence
- Tips for Leaving an Abusive Relationship
- Tips for Teens and Young Adults – How to Leave an Abusive Relationship
- Take a Stand Against Dating Violence (Healthy/Unhealthy Relationships)
- Youth Safety Plan
- Youth Resources (one-page support list)
- Teen Resources
- Take a Stand Against Bullying: What is Bullying? What to do if are being bullied
- Signs Of Bullying: If your child is being bullied; If your child is a bully
- What Can Parents Do: If Your Child/ren is being bullied
- Seniors Safety Resources
- Working Together To Prevent Elder Abuse and Neglect
- Male Victims of Intimate Partner Violence
- Education/Public Awareness:
- Mall Displays: Annual participation in National Day of Remembrance and Action on Violence Against Women, December 6
- Annual participation in World Elder Abuse Awareness Day
- Annual participation in Anti-Bullying Day events in schools and community
- Presentations in local temples
- Displays in local libraries
- Liaising and networking with other local resources and professionals in the field to ensure that there is public awareness about the impact of violence and where people can go to get the help they need.Emergency Care Kits: The DOVE Committee has undertaken a project which will provide the member agencies with emergency care kits to give to women or men who are leaving an abusive relationship. Kits will also include personal care items and activities for the children.
- DOVE Committee Members
- Emergency Care Kits: The DOVE Committee has undertaken a project which will provide the member agencies with emergency care kits to give to women or men who are leaving an abusive relationship. Kits will also include personal care items and activities for the children.
- Deltassist Family and Community Services
- Delta Seniors Planning Team: 604.596.2149 Email
- Delta Police Victim Services
- Stroh Health Care
- Legal Services Society
- Diversecity Community Resources Society
- Delta Police Domestic Violence Unit
- Options Community Services
- Delta/Surrey Community Corrections: 604.501.3292
- Delta School District
- Delta Mental Health
Delta North: 604.592.3700
Delta South: 604.948.7010
- Boys and Girls Club Community Services of Delta/Richmond: 604.591.9262
- Bowman Law Centre
- Moving forward Family Services Society
- Azure Place: 604.957.1556 – Delta Transition Home – Wings
Many thanks to the following sponsors for their generous donations towards our projects (this list covers donors for the last three years only):
If you have questions about DOVE, email: DOVE.