Local Police Record Checks: Pardon/Record Suspension Applications
The purpose of a Record Suspension (formerly known as a Pardon) is to have your Canadian criminal record sealed. There are many steps required to complete the process. For more information and an application please visit the National Parole Board or contact their helpline at 1-800-874-2652 or visit their website at https://www.canada.ca/en/parole-board/services/record-suspensions.html
Please note: The Delta Police Department can assist you with Fingerprinting and Local Police Record Check.
Fingerprinting: The initial step is to obtain a list of your convictions by submitting your fingerprints. We provide this service ($100) at the Delta and Ladner location. Please call us at 604-946-4411 and schedule an appointment for the fingerprinting service.
Local Police Record Check: You will also need to obtain a Local Police Record check from the Police agency of the city in which you currently reside and from the Police agencies of any cities you have resided in during the past 5 years. If you currently reside in or have resided in Delta during the past 5 years and are applying for a Record Suspension, please attend our North Delta or Ladner office to drop off your Local Police Record Check application forms and bring the following:
- $75 fee (payable by exact cash, Visa, cheque payable to “City of Delta,” Master Card or Debit)
- 2 pieces of valid government issued ID, one with your photo
- Acceptable IDs: Driver’s License, BCID, BC Services Card, Care Card, Nexus Card, SIN Card, Firearms License, First Nations Status Card, Passport
- Application forms, downloadable at the Parole Board of Canada website
- List of convictions which you will receive from Ottawa RCMP after submitting your fingerprints
Note: if you live outside of the Lower Mainland and cannot travel to one of our offices, but require a Local Police Record Check (if you have lived in Delta in the past 5 years), please submit the application, notarized identification copies, list of convictions and $75 certified cheque or money order to “City of Delta” at below address:
Delta Police Department
Attn: Public Information Services
4455 Clarence Taylor Cres
Delta, BC V4K 3E1