Delta Police is partnered with various agencies to provide ongoing support to the community. A variety of services are offered through our DCPO offices, our police detachments, and our community partners. Click to find out more:
- Block Watch
- This is a program for neighbours helping neighbours. Households, apartments or condominiums on a block form a communication chain aided by sharing contact information such as telephone numbers and addresses. Participants watch out for each other’s homes and report suspicious activities to the police and each other. In Block Watch, communication is crucial in reducing the likelihood of residential crimes.
- The Block Watch program was established in Seattle in 1974, with participating homes seeing a decrease in residential break-ins of between 48% to 62%. Block Watch has now spread all over the lower mainland and through several communities across the province. Be proactive, and take part in your community. Contact your nearest District Community Police Office for more information and how to get started.
- Child Find
- Community Crime Watch
- Delta Hospital Program
- Disposal of Unwanted Firearms
- Fraud Awareness and Prevention
- Safe Schools
- Speed Watch
- Residential Support (CASA)
- Criminal Justice Resources