Civilian members enjoy many opportunities within the Department often working side by side with investigators, patrol constables and senior officers.
The variety of civilian jobs at Delta Police means that a wide variety of skills and education are needed.
Some of the basic requirements for Clerical positions are:
- Grade 12 education supplemented with clerical experience.
- Excellent data entry skills.
- Minimum typing speed of 40 wpm.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Outstanding attention to detail.
- Some positions require rotating shifts of days, afternoons and nights.
- Minimum 18 years of age.
Additional Assets Preferred
- Job or volunteer experience in a Policing environment.
- Transcription experience.
- Knowledge of another language or culture.
- Post-Secondary education.
Civilian applicants must have the ability to pass a stringent security clearance process and must be a Canadian citizen or Permanent Resident to work for the Delta Police Department. Full details of the entry requirements are included in the job posting.