| | Volunteer | | |
Victim Services is administered by a full-time Coordinator, full-time Assistant Coordinator and a part-time Family Violence Intervention Workerbut volunteers are at the heart of this valuable program!
Volunteering with Victim Services is an incredibly rewarding opportunity and one that some say is life changing. Victim Services volunteers are positioned to provide significant, meaningful assistance, often at the time of greatest need.
In 2012, our Victim Service volunteers contributed nearly 4,600 hours of service to the Delta community.
Victim Services recruits new volunteers approximately once a year, depending on program requirements.
We offer two types of volunteer positions. Volunteers can work in a clerical capacity to provide office support; or as a Victim Support worker, providing direct services to victims.
If you are interested in volunteering, our basic eligibility requirements are:
- Minimum 19 years of age
- Pass an extensive background check and security clearance
- Superior interpersonal and communication skills
- Valid BC driver's licence
- Able to consistently contribute a minimum of four consistent hours each week (one 4 hour shift each week)
- Available for crisis intervention callout for one 24-hour period each month
Extensive training is provided to successful candidates.
Meet the basic eligibility requirements? Please call our office to inquire about our next recruitment drive.