The opinions and/or views expressed on Delta Police Department social media channels, including, but not limited to, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube and blog pages, represent the thoughts of individuals and online communities, and not solely those of Delta Police Department.
Delta Police Department will make reasonable efforts to monitor, moderate and engage the communities on our social media channels. We will strive to acknowledge comments or queries but our response times may depend on the volume of posts and personnel available.
Delta Police Department will only monitor and respond to comments on our social media pages during standard business hours unless required otherwise.
Delta Police Department will endeavour to ensure that all the information it posts is complete and accurate. If a Delta Police posting is discovered to be inaccurate we will do our best to correct it as soon as practicable. No warranty of any kind, implied, expressed, or statutory, including, but not limited to, the warranties of non-infringement of third party rights, is given with respect to the contents of social media or its links to other online resources.
Posts on our social media sites will not be moderated before they appear. However, Delta Police Department reserves the right to review, edit and/or delete any comments it deems are inappropriate.
Users who do not adhere to the following guidelines may have their comments edited or removed, or they may be blocked from participating:
- Inappropriate language will not be tolerated and posts containing discriminatory, racist, offensive, obscene, inflammatory, unlawful or otherwise objectionable statements, language or content will be removed.
- We recognize that questioning and differing opinions are part of conversation, but posts with personal attacks will be removed.
- Posts which are deemed defamatory, violate privacy and/or include personal information, including your own, will be removed.
- We remind all discussion participants to stay on topic. Off topic comments and postings may be removed to encourage and facilitate effective discussions.
- Posts deemed as spam and/or explicit commercial endorsements will be removed and the account will be blocked.
Community members who have questions regarding this policy may contact us. Email: Media Relations.
By submitting content to any Delta Police Department social media sites, you understand and acknowledge that this information is available to the public and as such, is considered a public record.