United States Waiver

If you require special permission to cross the border into the United States because of actual or suspected criminal activity, you may need to obtain a US Waiver from the United States Department of Justice.

The Delta Police Department can take your fingerprints and submit them to the RCMP in Ottawa for a certified copy of your criminal record. Fingerprinting is done by appointment only. Please call 604.946.4411 to set up an appointment. Delta Police Department only provides fingerprint services and does not process US Waiver requests; these must be submitted by you directly to the US Department of Justice.

The temporary waiver application, Form I-192, Application for Advance Permission to Enter as Nonimmigrant [Pursuant to Section 212(d)(3) of the INA], is on the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Service website, as well as instructions for filling it out. This form should be filed with CBP if you are an inadmissible visa exempt nonimmigrant or a nonimmigrant with appropriate documents who subsequently becomes inadmissible under Section 212(a) of the INA. (Please refer to Section 212(d)(3)(A)(ii) of the INA and Title 8 Code of Federal Regulation 212.4(b) for pertinent statute and regulation.)

Forms I-192 and G325A are United States government forms and are included in a package of materials that can be obtained at the US-Canada border. The package includes detailed instructions on obtaining a US Waiver.

For more information on United States waivers consult: