- Do I have to be a resident of Delta to get a police information check here?
Yes, you must be a resident of Delta and provide proof of residency and complete the Delta Police Police Information Check form. Do not use RCMP forms.
- May I submit my police information check application form by email or fax it in?
No. You must attend Delta Police headquarters or North Delta Police Station in person and present the required Government-issued photo ID (e.g. Driver’s Licence, BCID, passport). »See locations and hours of operation.
- Do I need an appointment to drop off an application at Delta Police Headquarters or North Delta Public Safety Building?
No appointment is necessary to submit a police information check application. If the police information check clerk is not available, the person at the front desk will take your form and photocopy your ID while you wait (and then give you back your ID). »See locations and hours of operation.
- I previously had a police information check, do I need to pay to get another one processed?
Yes, anytime you are asked to have a police information check you must pay to have one processed. It is not an item that can be reused.
- I require more than one copy of my police information check, can I just photocopy it?
Although the organization you are doing the check for may accept this, only originals will be verified by police. If you require more than one police information check at one time, the fee is $65 for one and $6.50 for each additional check if submitted at the same time. You will need to fill out the required number of forms. If you require more than one volunteer check at the same time, we require a letter from each organization to waive the fee and the correct number of forms filled out.
- What if I’m a student on practicum, does the fee still apply?
Yes, the fee is $65.00.
- How may I pay the fee for a police information check?
Payment may be made by cash (exact amount), debit or credit card (Visa/MasterCard)
- Can someone else drop off my application?
No, you must attend in person so that we may verify your ID (except for those applying from outside Canada).
- Will the results of the police information check be sent to the organization that is requesting I obtain the record check?
No, we only provide the applicant with the results.
- Will the police information check results be mailed to me?
The results will be mailed to applicants unless specified for pick up by the applicant.
»Standard police information check: 15 business days »Vulnerable sector check: Initial process (not requiring fingerprinting) 15 business days If fingerprinting required*
(*can only be determined after initial process)
120 business days
Page — Delta Police Department http://www.deltapolice.ca/media-releases