If you are in a crisis and need immediate assistance, call 9‑1‑1
There is an increased need to employ more innovative and creative policing strategies in an effort to address the varied issues within our community. This program has been initiated in response to the increased number of calls for service relating to mental health issues.
Delta Police believe strongly in the effectiveness of community partnerships. Building on an already strong working relationship in responding to emergency mental health situations in Delta, Delta Police and Delta Mental Health have developed a formalized outreach service. This enhanced support is through a dedicated full-time police officer and dedicated mental health and addictions professionals.
The Community Health Intervention Partnership (CHIP) serves the entire Municipality of Delta including the Tsawwassen First Nation Reserve.
The primary objectives of this partnership are:
- To reduce the risk of harm to those suffering from mental illness in crisis
- Offer support and resources to the mental health client and their families
- Enhance public and officer safety.
Staffing and Services
The Community Health Intervention Partnership is comprised of one Delta Police officer and two designated Delta Mental Health professionals.
This team will:
- Respond to and assist persons within the Delta Community who are dealing with mental health related conditions
- Provide on-site risk and mental health assessments
- Provide additional resource information and outside agency contacts for clients
- Assist with outreach regarding mental health related calls received by Delta Police
- Develop response plans for mental health situations that Delta Police encounter
- Liaise with other related services (i.e. substance abuse counselling service and others so that identified clients can be referred for further supportive services and follow up)
- Provide enhanced training on mental health conditions.
Community Based Mental Health Centres
Regular hours 8:30 am to 4:30 pm Monday to Friday.
|South Delta office:||604.948.7010|
|North Delta office:||604.592.3700|