- In the last 5 years, we have hired 46 new constables.
- 10 members were hired in 2015 and 13 in 2016.
- Over the last five years, an average of 9 recruits have been hired per year. Two-thirds of these recruits have either lived in Delta or been volunteers with our Department.
- Each year we receive approximately 1,000 constable applications.
- The training at the Justice Institute Police Academy consists of 12 weeks at the Academy, 14 weeks at Delta Police Department with a field trainer and another 9 weeks at the Academy.
- 11 reserve officers were appointed in 2015 and 13 in 2016. Three of these reserve officers have gone on to be hired as regular members with our Department.
Page — Delta Police Department http://www.deltapolice.ca/media-releases