Civilian members enjoy many opportunities within the Department often working side by side with investigators, patrol constables and senior officers.
The variety of civilian jobs at Delta Police means that a wide variety of skills and education are needed.
Some of the basic requirements for Clerical positions are:
- Grade 12 education supplemented with clerical experience
- Excellent data entry skills
- Minimum typing speed of 40 wpm
- Ability to multitask
- Outstanding attention to detail
- Some positions require rotating shifts of days, afternoons and nights
- Minimum 18 years of age.
Additional Assets Preferred
- Job or volunteer experience in a Policing environment
- Transcription experience
- Knowledge of another language or culture
- Post-Secondary education.
Civilian applicants must have the ability to pass a stringent security clearance process and must be a Canadian citizen or Permanent Resident to work for the Delta Police Department. Full details of the entry requirements are included in the job posting.